Saturday, December 15, 2012

We’d Rather Be…….OUTSIDE!!!

049
Mia enjoys the cooler temps of the fall/winter seasons!

Hello all! I hope this finds you all in good spirits. It's been a bit since I've posted, and though I dislike excuses in general, mine for the lack of posting is simply that I'd rather be outside than stuck inside on the computer.

001
Further north in the state, we found some snow to play in!

The month long firearm season for deer hunting seemed to come and go in a flash. And though I spent much of the season walking and sitting in the woods, I had no luck in harvesting a deer. I even took out the muzzle loader for the two week loader season, to no avail. Oh well, a bad day (month) of hunting, is better than a day at work! And there’s always next year! :)

014
Ice fishing season is soon coming!

Mia and I have also been out bird hunting and rabbit hunting (searching) on our weekends together. And, we're gearing up for the soon coming ice fishing season!! We’ve had a lot of outdoor play time despite the cooling temps, and we’ve found a ton of cool things to see in the woods. Animal tracks, snow capped mushrooms growing on trees, and tons more!

2012-11-08_09-38-00_958
Snow capped mushrooms!!!

Now, we’re just patiently awaiting the arrival of some snow so we can adventure out in our snowshoes!

3 comments:

  1. Those snow capped mushrooms are awesome! I unfortunately would rather be at home in front of a computer. But I am trying to change that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brownie! I think everyone has those days where they just don't want to do anything. I have them from time to time. And everyone tolerates things differently. Mia and I are lucky that we can adjust well to all temperatures. There are many people around us who dislike winter!

      Delete
  2. I'd rather be outside, too!!!!!!! Your excuse is legitimate. Be outside where the adventure is happening...even if it means you are a month behind (or more!) like me ;)

    ReplyDelete