Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hey, That's My Cart!!~ February 21, 2012

Last night Mia and I stopped at the store to grab a few things before heading home. We didn't need much, so we just walked by the carts, and she looked at me like 'seriously, you're going to make me walk?' Too big for the seat in the front of the cart, she enjoys sitting in the big part and sprawling out.

We were walking along minding our own business when we walked by a man and his son, and when she noticed that their cart was empty,  she tried to climb in. When I pulled her away, she started to laugh!
I giggled at the site, I couldn't help myself. 

We then walked by a lady who's cart was also empty. At this point, I could hear Mia starting to giggle under her breath, and I anticipated her next move. She burst out lauging as she lunged forward to grab the cart, and proceeded to try to climb into it. The lady looked and laughed too, as she apparently knew that Mia was playing a game. As I tried to pull her away, she laughed harder, which made me laugh too.

She did this a few more times with a few more random people, and apparently thought it was the best shopping game ever because she laughed the whole way! I laughed so hard that it made me cry. We must have been a site in the store, as Mia grabbed a hold of peoples carts and tried to claim them as her own.

One of the many things I've learned is to enjoy the small things. Mia has gone from the kid who would scream in the store because we walked BY the exit instead of going OUT it, to the kid who finds ways to make this not so fun task enjoyable. It's a small step in progress to most people, but it's a HUGE step in our world!

No comments:

Post a Comment