Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Familiar Trail in White


A blanket of snow covers one of our favorite summer hiking spot, the Cornwall Trail
Photo by Ashley Berard



I am a Maine outdoors woman. I find peace, solitude, and wonder in these wild, wooded forests. I have had a love of nature, hiking, fishing, and hunting since I was knee high to a grasshopper. As a child I was rarely found indoors. The woods have always been my go to spot for fun, reflection, and adventure.

As I’ve grown, I have come to appreciate these moments more. More so now than ever, because of the special, wonderful, and gorgeous person I get to share these times with. My daughter, Mia. She sees more things than most people would ever think to notice.



Today I am guest blogging for my friend, Abigail Austin, author of the blog 1,000 Miles on My Own Two Feet. Abby and I first met in high school over ten years ago. She was my greatest friend, and I learned more from her than she knows. Please visit Abby’s site to read the rest of this entry, AFamiliar Trail in White, and to find out more about one of Mia's favorite summer hiking trails, blanketed in the snow of a Maine winter.

2 comments:

  1. Just reading your blog for the first time. It caught my attention! I have two very special grand sons who have Autism and I enjoy every minute I can with them. Now over to your guest post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing about your grandsons, these kids are blessings for all that enter their lives! I appreciate your readership also, thanks so much Rainbow Chaser!!

      Delete