Thursday, September 20, 2012

Fall Af-FAIR! : Oxford County Fair

2012-09-12_16-46-23_814

It’s here!! Cool crisp air, apples, pumpkins, the last crops of summer. Yes, fall is upon us! Soon the leaves will be turning, displaying for us glorious shades of reds, yellows, and oranges.
And along with fall, comes a tradition for Mia and I. FAIRS!!!! Who doesn’t love the maze of fair food vendors, rides, activities, and most importantly, the people?! Mia and I recently headed out to our first fair of every season, the Oxford County Fair. Grammy and Grampy came along for the adventure as well! It was such a great time!

2012-09-12_16-55-35_838

We headed into the livestock barns to check out all of the animals. Mia sat as one of the bleacher sets inside, taking in the sounds and smells, and watched the people as they went in and out. She even got to see the BIGGEST turkey I think I have ever seen in my life! It was as big as she is, and he was pretty intrigued by her presence!

2012-09-12_17-00-53_812

Mia was treated like a princess, as Grampy carried her around on his shoulders. Mia had the best view from way up here!

2012-09-12_17-11-17_877

Mia and I rode in the big bears together! Once this ride got moving, she couldn’t stop smiling and laughing! She loved it so much, that I had to peel her out of it when it was over!

2012-09-12_17-35-07_191

We took a break and had some typical fair food. Mia snacked on her red hotdogs and shared some hand cut fries with me. We all sat together here for nearly an hour enjoying each others company and our food. For Mia to sit for this long, is no small feat! She did such a great job!

2012-09-12_18-06-03_417

We wandered around a bit more after eating, but Mia was getting tired so we decided to call it an evening. I picked Mia up and danced with her to the music as we walked towards the exit. Until we got to this….

2012-09-12_18-27-24_495

When we got to this ride, Mia squirmed out of my arms to stand on the ground and watch as it spun around in an erratic fashion. She watched each car on the ride spin at it’s own pace. She was intrigued by this ride for nearly fifteen minutes, and every time I asked her if she wanted to go on it, she just smiled big!! I can see that my fear getting on big scary rides is going to have to diminish as Mia gets older!

No comments:

Post a Comment