Sunday, September 9, 2012

Things That Shouldn’t Go Swimming

Though this post isn’t Mia related, it will explain an obvious difference in my photos from here on out.

20120823_38
First fish on the fly!
I FINALLY caught my first fish on the fly! And then a second, and bigger one! Yep, I was pretty excited! So excited, that in the process of putting the second fish back into the river, I ended up putting my camera into it also.

BUMMER!!

I let it set in a bowl of rice for over a week, and it dried out. It works for the most part, but there is now an obvious “fog” in the direct center of the lens. And it appears that it will not go away. So, some of my pictures will look as though they are off centered, because I now have this new element to work around. Or they might just seem smudgy in the center!

Until I can afford to invest in a new camera, I will just look at this foggy center as an excuse to try out different views and editing filters (rather than getting irritated with myself every time a take a picture)!

Moral of the story, cameras shouldn’t go swimming. Especially the ones that aren’t at all rated as waterproof!

20120823_40
The last clear picture this camera will ever take. And, second fish on the fly!

8 comments:

  1. If a camera has got to die at least this is the beast possible way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, very true. But at least it's still somewhat usable! Lol

      Delete
  2. ah man, I have to agree that cameras shouldn't go swimming. Neither should cell phones, I know that one personally. Once got a beautiful gold and silver watch from my grandma. Decided to take it to girl scout camp with me and kept it safe all summer until the last week of camp I jumped in the lake with it one and it worked no more. I was so sad!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet! I would have been too! I agree that cell phones also don't belong in water. Last summer I was out on a boat with a few friends fishing, and I was the only one brave enough to get into the cold water to pull the boat up to the landing. (Odd launch setup) And I totally forgot that my cell phone was in the back pocket of the shorts I had on. It got submerged completely!

      Hhhmmmm.....I'm seeing a pattern here. I definitely need to get one of those "tough" cameras and leave everything else electronic in the car! Lol

      Delete
    2. lol! They should really have sensors on all cell phones. One sensor that detects danger such as water or pending crushes, like when my hubby ran his over with a forklift. The other one should be a tracker when we lose the darn things. which happens all the time!

      Delete
    3. I think you're on to something Brownie!! You should make an app for that! Lol :)

      Delete
  3. I feel your pain, Ashley! Photography is an important part of my life, too! Being without a camera is like fishing without a pole, hunting without a weapon, or hiking without boots! Hope you will get it working or replace it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Abby! I am lucky that the camera worked after I set it in a bowl of rice for a week! The only thing wrong with it is a perpetual "fog" in the lens. It's something to work around, but at least it works for the most part! Lol

      Delete